One year audio journey with BQEYZ KC2 and a recap.


It's already one year since I've purchase this particular set, The BQEYZ KC2 as my personal birthday gift as I decided that I have enough on purchasing budget level IEMs everytime that some popular Chi-fi companies released their product in monthly basis, which was quite disappointing as they still have this V-shape tonality. To think that in my thoughts back then on how I went to visit some popular local audio shops here in every month just to try out some of their demo units from entry-level to top of the line one and even going to an annual Hi-fi convention just to test out the other midrangers to top of the line IEMs that were not available locally. As I tested  those midrangers and top of the lines IEMs in that particular Hi-fi exhibit, I just realized that my ears should be treated accordingly based on my tuning preference which I like the most. My preferences tuning are more on that balanced-"neutral" and that "audiophiliac" reference tuning that I finally convinced myself that I can't find them on an under US$ 30 range. Then there was this product that was so hyped by some known audio reviewers and influencers as if this set is the best sounding and the most balanced tuning at very dirt cheap price and I think that this what that I'm looking. When I received that product and instantly tested it out due to too much excitement and with my curiosity nature, My optimistic expectation turned into a grim one as I really hate this kind of tuning and the fitting on my medium-size ears were very atrocious. I've tried to replace its eartips and cables but no to avail, this particular set was really a fucked up in my point of view and at that moment , I fully grasp the situation that this will serve as my lesson that I never let myself into this hypetrain bullshit again.( That particular set was in the drawer, collecting dust and I don't bother to make a review on it.)




Then I just remembered that there was a certain IEM from 2018 which I really like and it was really sounds good to my ears and has a sturdy built quality but I opted to buy its cheaper competitor. I do some research on that set and then found it, It was the BQEYZ KC2. So I decided that this set will be my own birthday gift present and my first step towards my portable audio enthusiast journey to seek better audio quality.




To me , KC2 does really change my audio perspective. I can say that this is one of my  definitive life-changing moments in my audio enthusiasm. The KC2 really delivers big time and I don't surprise that this little beast will also be an influential  set on audio community scene as this is serve as  one of the gateways to the most starters who were interested in this audio hobby  towards the realm of audiophilia.

I'll do a recap review on this set once again.




The BQEYZ KC2 has a balanced-"neutral" sound signature as this will be more versatile due to its good tonality and  technicalities on it.

The Bass has that tight ,punchy and lightly impactful characteristics which bassheads will hear this one as lacking. It is quite slow compare to the current DDs with faster transient decays. The sub bass has that thin texture as it has a faint to almost non-existent blurry rumble, The mid bass has a right amount of texture as kick drums and bass guitar has a decent quality but not the most powerful and thunderous bass kicks that you want nor the  sustaining and resonant growl of a bass guitar. It has very miniscule to none bass bleed on other audio frequencies.  I can rate this one with a fair mark. Decent but still lacking.

The Mids is actually one of key strength of this set. It has the most textured and dense note in under US$ 35 range. It has clean and lively sound, Both male and vocals sounds fuller and deliver an amount of good detail and clarity. The vocal timbre quality is very sufficient and lofty. Instruments sounds natural and it is  well-placed in the mix. Lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars has that clarity, shimmer and articulate in every detailed plucking that I've hear. The piano sounds fuller and rich that has organic reverberate on it, violin sounds vibrant and sensuous in my hearing as a I hear the every intricacy on every motion of bowed string. The snare drums sounds impactful, penetrating and precise that makes it sound more dynamic. As for now. This is the most awe-inspiring mids in under US$35 price range.

The Treble quality is a decent one, it still bright, has an enough shimmer just to reveal its micro-details and good extension with very satisfying airness on it. The cymbals strikes sounds more life-like  and organic without in artificial sounding harsh or cluttering. This is indeed a good quality treble for treble sensitives.

The Soundstage is wide and has an average height as you can feel that you are in a concert hall, The Imaging is adequate as you can fairly locate the cues of every instruments' positioning and sweeping on directional stereo panning performs amicable. The Separation of instruments and vocals has reasonable spacing on each other.

Scalability of these sets with audio sources are indeed malleable as they can be  easily driven  by smartphones, laptops and other media devices to their ample sensitivity rating and low impedance output. Insert them with better Hifi dac/amps will even more deliver output as they will sound more fuller and vibrant.

The design of the shell is more on minimalistic side yet eminent, it is made of aluminum, with almost a matte finish-like coating on it. It has a recessed 2-pin connector as it is the most logical way as it is more reliability and better connection. Its chunky size fits well usually on medium size to large ears as some feedback report that small ears are having hard time to figure it out. It was mitigated by changing some eartips just to insert well on ears.

  Currently, there are newer products release from other audio companies that some audio reviewers claim that it surpasses the tonality and technicalities of KC2's. As long as I didn't tested out those supposed better product yet, My well-esteemed opinion on KC2 still remain up to this day as the best under $35 mark until I tested out those products and will give some opinion whether they manage to surpassed it or not. Let's be honest, This is an old set and probably few months from now, It's already showing its age that it hardly to come up with newer competitors with its price range but due to its resurgency from the suggestions from other fellow audio enthusiasts alike and it still capable showing its potential even up to now, It is still winning the hearts of the starters on this audio hobby who are looking for a good satisfactory IEM with decent pricing on it.

Lamian!



Pros:


- a balanced-"neutral" tuning which is unusual within its price range.

- Superb vocal clarity and definition

- It's shell is made from sturdy material, an aluminum one.

-Class-leading midcentric tuning in under $35.

- Has a dynamic sounding on mids and treble.

- Offers a good and decent technicalities



Cons:

- Knobbly and a slower decay on bass speed compare to current DDs.

- Polycarbonate nozzle without even a lip to hold the ear tip stem properly.

- Very basic accessories included in the box


SPECIFICATIONS:

MODEL:BQEYZ KC2

SENSITIVITY:105dB

CABLE LENGTH:1.2mm

IMPEDANCE:15Ω

PLUG TYPE:3.5mm

FREQUENCY RANGE RESPONSE: 20Hz - 40 kHz

TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION:0.2%

DRIVER CONFIGURATON: 2 DDs and 2 BAs

PIN TYPE: 0.78mm 2-pin connector


Some Tracks Tested:( * = 16-bit FLAC, ** = 24-bit FLAC, *'* = MQA, '*' = DSD, *'= .WAV)


Alison Krauss -When You Say Nothing At All *

Jade Wiedlin - Blue Kiss**

Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks *'*

Benise - Malaguena *

Europe - Final Countdown *

Guns N' Roses - Patience *'*

Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven '*'

Barry White - Never, Never Ever Give You Up

Pearl Jam - Last Kiss *

Roselia - Hidamari Rhodonite *

Agent Steel - Bleed for the Godz*

Metallica- Fade to Black **

Camouflage - The Great Commandment *

Queen - Killer Queen **

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean *

Bad Manners - Just a Feeling *

Riot- Warrior *

Mariah Carey- Love Takes Time *

Layla Kaylif - Shakespeare in Love*

Lizard Convention - Wooden Heart *

David Bowie - A Man Who Sold The World *'*

Prince - When the Doves Cry *

Blind Melon - No Rain *


Interested more on BQEYZ stuffs? Just visit them in the following links:

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057463418451


Aliexpress:

https://m.aliexpress.com/store/sellerInfo.htm?sellerAdminSeq=237950221&statusBarHeight=96&_dognoseId=WERHUTVxb2xySkFEQUdkMXUwRnBsYWNgk3XNYWxpZXhwcmUAAABtRA%3D%3D&_currency=PHP&_lang=en_PH&fromApp=true#latest-feedback

Lazada:

https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.2aRmx



Comments

  1. Amen.

    I've had mine since 2019, Aquired mine for an absurd $38.
    Can't shake them from the top of my rotation as they really do some special things. They get more use than anything in my collection.

    I have had several other IEM's looking for the illusive KC2 upgrade but all have been to accomplish are side-grades at best.

    I have played with the ports on the KC2, i added a mesh dampener over the 3rd port (furthest from the nozzle) and that had added a slightly warmer low end, accompanied by some wide bore silicone tips to keep the top end.

    They rock. If it wasn't for the poor branding back in the day they may have become far more popular.

    SO. Any IEM's out there yet that could be a KC3 candidate yet?

    Here's how mine look after 4 years of hard abuse.. and a couple minutes on a belt sander and a quick hit of alloy wheel polish..

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/214672106774855680/998857129714790410/IMG_20220719_133007.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, a KC2 loyalist :)
      The closest upgrade that I can recommend will be GS Audio GD3A

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ALHAMBRA HEADPHONES REVIEW BY A PIMP NAMED SLICKBACK

Oriveti OD200: Sweet, Sonority and Luster One

THIEAUDIO HYPE 2: Exclusive Tonally Balanced Sounding One